Have you heard of Jonas Paul Eyewear?
They are an eyewear company that offers affordable, stylish glasses for children.
I first heard about Jonas Paul Eyewear when I was scrolling on Instagram. After reading their story and learning about their Buy Sight, Give Sight program, for every purchase made they make donations to partners for tests, glasses, treatments, and supplements; I was hooked.
Jonas Paul Eyewear Review
When my daughter was one we found out that she is extremely farsighted, has Alternating Esotropia (a lazy eye condition where you fixate with either eye but not at the same time) and Astigmatism.
Because of this, we needed to have a backup pair of glasses for when she breaks or scratches them. When I looked into getting a second pair through the optometrist, it was too expensive. I was also not a fan of their frame selection. I found Jonas Paul Eyewear and I loved their frame selection and their business model.
I ordered their try-on kit. The try-on kit comes with 7 frame styles for your kid to try on. I like that you can try them on at home so you don’t feel rushed when your picking out frames. There is a $1.00 fee to have it sent to you. Then you ship them back in their prepaid return label, It couldn’t be easier!
We ended up ordering The Lauren Blush Tortoise glasses. My daughter loves them! They’re a muted pink and really lovely. We decided to get the frame only instead of having them fill the prescription.
We did this for several reasons:
- My daughter goes to the optometrist every 3-6 months and her prescription changes almost every time so it’s just easier to have them send it in and pick it up there.
- While it’s extra to have them fill the lens it’s still cheaper than getting a second pair through the optometrist’s office. They offer us 20% off on second lenses so that helps cut down costs.
- My daughter has a really high prescription and according to their website:
“We will do our best to fill all prescriptions, however, please know that some higher prescriptions may have an additional fee of $39.00 or $49.00 due to the custom lens work that is required of our lab technician.
If your child’s prescription falls within this range our team will contact you directly with additional information.
If your child’s prescription falls outside of our ability to fill, our team will contact you directly to discuss further options.”
After getting The Lauren glasses and seeing how great the quality was, we ordered a pair for my other daughter. We decided to have Jonas Paul fill the prescription for my other daughter’s glasses since it was within a normal range. The glasses were perfect.
So what is the cost?
The frames range in price from $55-$89. If you order with lenses it comes with FREE basic polycarbonate. Choose between clear prescription lenses, sun/light adjusting lenses, or frame only.
There are also lens and coatings options such as premium ultra-thin lenses, blue light lenses and higher clarity trivex that you can add at an extra cost.
I love that I can get such cute eyewear for my daughters at a reasonable price!
What I love about Jonas Paul Eyewear:
- They offer affordable, stylish frames that have flexible comfort tips that are easy to adjust for a perfect fit.
- Try-On kit that you get for 7 days and mail back with a pre-paid envelope.
- Because you try it on at home you get more time and don’t feel rushed into making a decision.
- They take Flex *Whoo-hoo*
- If you don’t have flex they have a claim form you can print off and submit to your insurance.
- Good Quality frames.
- Free shipping in the US.
- Their Buy Sight, Give Sight program
If you’re looking for eyewear that is stylish, easy to adjust and good quality but won’t break the bank I highly recommend Jonas Paul Eyewear.
Does your child need a second pair of glasses?