Are you looking for ways to simplify your weekdays? Freezer meals are a great way to help you get organized so you can ditch weekday food stress.
The Best Kid-Approved Freezer Meals
Why Should You Prep Meals?
Prepping meals has saved me so many times. There are days that I just don’t feel like doing any cooking anything but I want to make sure that my kids are eating healthy food. Do you feel the same way?
- Saves Time- Instead of cooking every meal, you’re cooking once and eating twice, or more! No more spending hours in the kitchen every day. This saves you time to do other important things.
- Saves Money- Planning ahead helps you to not eat out as much. Also buying in bulk can save you money as well.
- Helps you not be stressed- You may be stressed the day you prep but it will save you many days of rushing around trying to get a meal put together.
- Healthier- You’ll likely be prepping healthy foods. If you prep your foods you have more control over what you’re eating and since it’s already made, you’re more likely to eat it.
Breakfast Freezer Meals
Breakfast Burritos from Fit Foodie Finds
Burritos are such an easy meal to put together. You can put whatever you like in the burritos to customize them.
Another great breakfast option. You can fill them with eggs, veggies, and cheese. Or any combination that you like. I like how versatile quesadillas are.
Smoothie Packs from Super Healthy Kids
I love smoothie packs. It makes breakfast so much easier. My kids love smoothies and I like to pair them with a muffin for an easy breakfast.
French Toast Sticks from Tasty.co
What kid doesn’t like french toast sticks? Save time and money by making them at home. Stick them in the freezer for easy access on busy mornings.
Pancakes and Waffles
Pick your favorite recipes and learn how to freeze them here.
Baked Oatmeal Cups from Super Healthy Kids
Another great option. You can change up the ingredients and always have a nutritious breakfast ready to go.
Lunch Freezer Meals
Mini Lunchbox Meatlloaves from 100 Days Of Real Food
Such a fun way to eat meatloaf. It’s a great portion size for school lunches.
Easy Vegetarian Spinach Quesadillas from Live Simply
Again, quesadillas are so versatile. You can make it any way that your kid likes and freeze them so they are ready to go!
Easy Chicken Nuggets from Weelicious
Do your kids like chicken nuggets? Make this healthier version of chicken nuggets and stick them in your freezer.
Tomato Bisque from 100 Days Of Real Food
My kids LOVE this soup. And that’s saying a lot because they are not big fans of soup in general. But this tomato bisque from 100 Days Of Real Food is sooooo good! And it freezes well.
Banana Muffins from The Frugals Girls
We love banana muffins around here. I like to make these ahead of time and stick them in my kid’s lunchbox for a special treat.
Spinach Muffins from Super Healthy Kids
Don’t be fooled by the color of these muffins, they are delicious! And healthy. My kids request these muffins all the time.
Veggie Packed Pizza Rolls from Super Healthy Kids
Another yummy school lunch option. Kids love it because it’s pizza and parents love it because it has extra veggies in it.
Tuen your smoothies into popsicles for a fun, delicious lunch treat. Read all about how to add these to their lunchbox here.
Waffles and Pancakes.
Pick your favorite recipes and learn how to freeze them here. For lunches, we like to make them into sandwiches by using sunbutter, cream cheese, etc. Makes it a fun lunch for them!
How To Prep
There are different ways to prep food ahead of time.
- Double up on meals. I like to do this whenever I can. If I’m already cooking, why not double it so I can have food for another meal. Cook once, eat twice mantra around here!
- Do a food prep day. You can pick a day that works for you and just prep a bunch of food in one day. You’ll spend the entire day cooking and prepping everything. The upside is that you’ll only have to do dishes once!
- Do a meal each day. You could prep one thing a day over the course of a few days. This takes longer than a food prep day but if you don’t have time to commit an entire day to prep, this is a great way to get things prepped.
Meal prepping has changed my meal planning so much. It makes it more likely that my kids will eat healthy, nutritious meals and it saves me so much time and energy. I love knowing that I have healthy food ready to go for breakfast and lunch.
What are your favorite foods to prep ahead of time?